Monday, January 24, 2005

Holy Hell
By
RD Larson

© 2005 RD Larson

The wind blew off the patio cover. I watched it land in the back yard. It crushed the small garden we'd planted. The rabbit cage flew sideways and crashed against the fence. Tom -- his house is behind ours -- the tree there twisted and dropped a huge limb on their garage-turned-family room.
I looked at Kyle. He stood looking out, grinning like an idiot.
"What's so funny?"
"I didn't know the wind could blow like Holy Hell," he said.
"Well, you're from Southern California. Mudslide is your middle name."
"Nope, middle name is earthquake." He rolled his eyes and looked even more stupid.
"Tell me again why I married you?" Grinding my teeth, I folded my arms over my tee-shirt.
"Easy answer." He leered at me and opened another Bud Light. "I got you pregnant."

Posted by Hello