Wednesday, August 18, 2004



Sudden Death
A Marion Riles Soft-boiled Detective Story
by
RD Larson
(there's more Marion Riles Stories at www.BeWrite.net under my name)
Part 3

Marion ran toward the covered sports car and pulled back the other side. The side on the street was pock-marked with blasts and as they pulled the canvas back , Marion could see Zoë slumped between the steering wheel and the door. A rivulet of blood trailed down her face.

Chance wrench the door of Jaguar XKE open. Zoë fell into his arms and he gently laid her on the damp pavement.

"This is my fault -- oh, honey, be alright, please Zoë, please," crooned Chance as I dialed 911.

I could see that it wasn' life threatening but never-the-less she needed medical attention. I went over to them.

"Hey, Chance, I'm Marion Riles, friend of Zoë's dad; he's worried about her hanging with you. I'd say about NOW he's got good reason. "

He turned his face toward Marion. Chance actually looked like a fresh-faced kid in hot water. Marion felt sorry for the dumb ass kid. He quickly snatched the Walther P-38 out of his clench hand.


to be continued: (you must realyze that this is a story in construction)