Sunday, December 4, 2005

Sumerian Language, Mesopotamia, Fertile Crescent

There is much to know and learn about Iraq -- when you look at the television and see the war, remember that picture writing was invented in Mesopotamia 7000 years ago. There is an ancient history here and worth great respect.
To learn more go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/mesopotamia_gallery.shtml

Boots in Bagdad You will want to read the blog of this brave young soldier. He may be going back. Another view from a soldier we admire and love.

Zippy doggie splash:

I had a bad moment at the market today. A big truck pulled in next to us. Little Zippy checked it out; he wants a truck to ride in. There was a strawberry blond in the driver’s seat. Before I could tell him it was a woman, he decided it was a golden retriever and went bananas. Imagine how red his little face was when she got out and shook a finger at him.

“Your little dog has a big bark. My my,” she told me. Or told me something like that. I had to give him an Altoid to make him forget her. Dang!

READ Lad Moore's blog

© RD Larson 2005
May not be used without permission of the author.

RDLarson'sHomesite new and improved