Friday, September 17, 2004

writer at large BLOG Tired of sitting around on my rearend. Been walking some and a bit of other stuff, like cutting spent flower heads. Had a visitor today. A fan, I guess. I really do not know him; just came by. He asked me what exactly what my surgery WAS and I was so surprised that I mumbled it out. I think sometimes I am too private to be a writer. But hell here I am blogging. This is an older person and I was respectful but also kind of taken back at learning yet again how close strangers feel to me when they've read my work. I gave him one of my books after autographing it. I'm putting my Erle & Stumpy stories into an anthology. I do believe that writers and readers are two parts of a single team and that the TEAM is the work, whether it is story, novel, essay or article. New story up on my website, Marriage Insurance.